Thursday, August 11, 2011

A sneak peak...

On Tuesday, I got to have lunch with my good friend Hayden.  Along with having some great conversation and delicious cheesecake, she delivered William's dresser and the artwork that will hang in his room.  In case I haven't told you, Hayden has been helping us put together William's nursery.  Even though the nursery is not completely finished, I have to say that I love what she's picked out!  


The dresser came from a store called IKEA.  I have never been to an IKEA, but have heard a lot about it from my Dallas friends.  The unique thing about buying furniture from this store is that you get a great price, but it comes to you like this....



Yup...in about 100 pieces!  But...my wonderful handyman husband worked very hard, and by 11:00 Tuesday night...that dresser looked like this...




How cute is that?  I love it!  We got it moved into William's room last night and it looks great with the dark brown walls.


In addition to the dresser, Hayden brought us the artwork that will hang in William's nursery.  And...once again...I love it!  Hayden had a great idea.  She found these pictures on the Pottery Barn Kids website, but in order to save us some cash, she made them herself.  What do you think?






William will already be learning about onomatopoeia!  He'll be ready for 3rd grade!  =)  I love these because I think they suit Jake so well too.  These will hang over the dresser.  


Finally, Hayden did William's initials for us.  These will hang over a small bookcase that will be in the back of the nursery. 




Oh yes...and one last look at the crib...




The pictures are hung very securely so that they won't fall off.  We are hoping that dad will take some great newborn shots and then we will put some black and white photos in these frames. 


By the way...in case you are interested, Hayden's website is www.havenbyhayden.com.  Check it out sometime!  She's done some great work!  


We can't wait to put all of this together and see the finished product.  Hopefully that will get done in the near future.  In the meantime...hope you enjoyed a sneak peak!  


No comments:

Post a Comment