Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Waiting for William

Proverbs 19:11 says "A man's wisdom gives him patience..."  I think patience is one thing I need to work on...I am not doing a very good job with this waiting game we are playing!   I have a lot of admiration for my mother and my mother in law.  Both Jake and I were late babies...Jake was about 3 weeks late and I was about a month late.  How on earth they waited that long I'll never know.  I am so anxious to get to hold little William, see what he looks like, and cover him with kisses!  





We have made it to 40 weeks.  I do not think I can get any bigger!  We had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning.  I was absolutely convinced that they would "send us upstairs" after the appointment.  Labor and Delivery is right above the doctor's clinic at Washington Regional Hospital, where William will be born.  So...Jake and I packed all of our stuff and loaded it in the car.  




This is our "Hospital Try #1."  Haha...we had to bring it all back home.  However, we were thrilled to know that everything looks great and William seems to be a healthy baby boy.  We did get to have an ultrasound again.  They took some of his measurements, and while they said that they could be off, it sounds like we are going to have a good sized baby.  He seems to have very long legs, as they were measuring at 41.3 weeks, with a shorter torso that measured around 38 weeks.  He does seem to have the Maloch/Wolf big head...his head was measuring at 10.5 cm.  Overall, our doctor said he's weighing around 8lbs. 13 oz...which of course could be off plus or minus a pound.  


If William does not come sooner, we will be induced Sunday morning at 8am.  I am done working and am trying to rest and get some things done around the house.  And in the meantime...we wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment